Tuesday 26 November 2013

Pictures in the Mind

I have been practising using words that give readers pictures in their minds.
On Tuesday, my school had our Athletics Day. We did some events like high jump, long jump and sprints.
The first event I did was high jump. We had to get into an order of names and line up in that order for high jump. When we started, I had to scissor kick over the skinny small bar and onto the big blue plastic high jump mat. I ran quickly  to the bar and scissor-kicked really high like I was jumping on a trampoline. The more times everyone went over the pole, it got higher and  higher like a big mountain. When it got too easy to jump over, Karly, who was organising high jump, lifted the bar higher. It started to get challenging for me because it got too high for me to jump over. I got really nervous as the pole got higher. I was as nervous as a pile of snow going to fall off a cliff. Some of the other girls had to sit down and watch Madeline and me because we were the only ones that never made a mistake in some of the first turns. At last, Madeline won the high jump because I could not jump the bar as high as she could. When it was time to finish Mr K rang the siren, the siren was as loud as the fire alarm ringing.  It was time to move to the next event.

Well done, Laekin. I am getting pictures in my mind as I read your recount. I can't see the mat in my mind. Can you please describe it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment