Friday 22 November 2013

Tau Ke Night

Yesterday, my school had a Tau Ke night. All the classes did a performance.  
First, we went into the library to wait to perform. Mrs Craven let us watch a movie, Robots. We waited five minutes then we went outside around the back of the hall and waited in the kitchen. I felt bored with all the waiting. First, Room 5 performed. Lots of us were looking in a little gap in the curtains and watching them.
Next, my class performed. I was really nervous when I went on stage. We sang a song called Haere Mai and we did actions to it. After we finished that song, we got some rakau sticks and performed another waiata. I wasn't that nervous because I was not facing the audience, instead I was facing my partner. The waiata was called E Papa Waiari. I had to concentrate really hard because I didn't want to drop my stick down off the stage.
We went off the stage quietly after we had finished. We went down onto the floor in the hall and watched all the other performances. Room 3 performed and sang Toia. I remember singing that song when I was in Room 3.
When Room 3 had finished, Rooms 1 and 2 performed. They sang a song and did the haka. They were really loud like a lion roaring. They were really funny because the song was funny.
Finally, Years 5, 6, 7 and 8 performed. They sang four songs and performed a haka.

No comments:

Post a Comment